From the Lexington Herald Leader: The Nov. 27 editorial was correct in asserting that Kentucky needs to diversify its energy portfolio and take meaningful steps toward joining other states in capitalizing on renewable sources of energy and the jobs that come with them. However, generating electricity by burning wood is not how to do it.
Recently In the News
- 08/16/12Gibson Guitar settlement strikes chord with wood companies
- 07/11/12Weyerhaeuser Names ATFS-Certified Wood as Preferred Purchase Option
- 07/10/12Rising Carbon Dioxide in Atmosphere Also Speeds Carbon Loss from Forest Soils
- 06/25/12A New Satellite Tool Tracks Deforestation
- 06/21/12New Data and Methods Paint Clearer Picture of Emissions from Tropical Deforestation
- 06/19/12Google Earth Helping Amazon Tribe to Preserve Their Forest and Their Culture
- 04/25/12Can world’s ‘most threatened’ tribe be saved?
- 04/03/12Kimberly-Clark to Launch Bamboo Toilet Paper
- 04/03/12Energy Use in Manufacturing Down 10% in Four Years
- 03/25/12New Research Can Save Tropical Forests