From The New York Times: Tracing what they say is an illegal shipment of Indian hardwood, federal agents raided offices and factories belonging to Gibson Guitar Corporation last week for the second time in two years, seizing documents, computer hard drives, pallets of wood, guitars and tools.
Recently In the News
- 08/16/12Gibson Guitar settlement strikes chord with wood companies
- 07/11/12Weyerhaeuser Names ATFS-Certified Wood as Preferred Purchase Option
- 07/10/12Rising Carbon Dioxide in Atmosphere Also Speeds Carbon Loss from Forest Soils
- 06/25/12A New Satellite Tool Tracks Deforestation
- 06/21/12New Data and Methods Paint Clearer Picture of Emissions from Tropical Deforestation
- 06/19/12Google Earth Helping Amazon Tribe to Preserve Their Forest and Their Culture
- 04/25/12Can world’s ‘most threatened’ tribe be saved?
- 04/03/12Kimberly-Clark to Launch Bamboo Toilet Paper
- 04/03/12Energy Use in Manufacturing Down 10% in Four Years
- 03/25/12New Research Can Save Tropical Forests